The desire to lose weight is not all that Guy and I have in common:
- Guy was born and raised in Hawaii. I've been to Hawaii.
- Guy majored in Psychology. I've had a number of 1:1 sessions with Psychologists.
- Guy went to law school, then quickly dropped. I avoided law school.
- Guy cut his teeth on the Apple II. Me too, as it turns out (I was 15).
- Guy was an early Mac user. Me too. Bigger UNIX user, though (current Macs).
- Guy's companies wrote cool software. Me too.
- Guy plays ice hockey. I play roller hockey.
- Guy started Garage.com and runs Garage Technology Ventures. Some day something similar for me...
While he's only been an active blogger for 7.5 months, he has produced some of the most excellent and well written posts that I have seen in my 16 months of reading VC blogs. One thing I have particularly enjoyed about Guy's posts is his penchant for limiting things to the "Top Ten" points. The ability to distill the information down to ten (or so) points really makes the information concise (very hard to do), and I am always impressed by the care and thought he makes in creating these posts.
So, with that, I wanted to see if I could point out the Top Ten Guy Kawasaki Posts for Entrepreneurs (from his first few months of posts), in my opinion. This will be difficult.
- The 10/20/30 Rule of PowerPoint
- The Top Ten Lies of Venture Capitalists (Entrepreneurs, Engineers, Marketers, Corporate Partners, Guy, CEOs)
- Hindsights (Addendum)
- The Venture Capitalist Wishlist
- How to Get a Standing Ovation (Addendum)
- How to Kick Butt On a Panel
- The Zen of Business Plans
- The Art of Bootstrapping (Execution, Recruiting II, Schmoozing, Partnering, Creating a Community, Raising Angel Capital, Board Meeting, Executive Summary)
- Nine Questions to Ask a Startup
- After the Honeymoon
There, I almost did it :-)... Too much good stuff.
Guy is clearly a classy and articulate guy... uh, man.